2016年5月3日星期二

Voting for New Topic & Book Sharing

Date: 3rd May 2016
Day: Tuesday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Durian
Theme: Colourful Animals
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Voting for New Topic & Book Sharing

Hi, I'm Ms Yeong! I will be teaching the English thematic class for this 6 years old Durian class for the next 2 months - May & June. Hopefully the children will enjoy my class. Any suggestions or comments are welcome here.

The Durian class' children had gone through one year of English thematic class with me last year. So my teaching style is not that new to them.

Before we start, the children were pretty excited to shout out their favourite topic. Quickly, I got them to give suggestions on the topic that they wanted to learn.

The children had suggested a few topics - recycle, animals, plants, insects & nation/country - Malaysia. I gave them some time to discuss among themselves and also let them have time to decide which topic they wanted. Finally, "animals" won the most votes from the children.

Now, we have the topic, I get the children to suggest names for their topic. Some said, "funny animals", some said, "scary animals", some said, "colourful animals". Again, I get them to think and decide which topic they like the most. At last, the topic - colourful animal, won the most votes

We shall concentrate on wild animals this time. Most probably will be animals from the Savannah.

As I needed some time to prepare for the lesson, I shared 2 books with the children today.







没有评论:

发表评论