2016年6月27日星期一

Drama : Hungry Lion

Date: 24th June 2016
Day: Friday
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm
Class: Durian
Theme: Colourful Animals
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Drama : Hungry Lion

The children had tried out the puppet show. I suggested that they could do a drama instead. The children remembered the stage performance of The Hungry Lion at the graduation ceremony by the Mix Class last year. They wanted to perform the same drama in the class.

As a result, I guided them to list out the character that we needed - lion, monkey, zebra, crocodile, elephant and giraffe. After that, I guided them to write out the dialogue needed for the drama. Surprisingly, the children remembered the lines said by those characters. Wow! I guessed it is because the dialogue is pretty easy to say.

Example:

Lion: I'm so hungry. (The lion is looking for food and found a zebra. It approached the zebra.)
Zebra: Stop! You cannot eat me. I'm too fast.
Giraffe: Stop! You cannot eat me. I'm too fierce.

The children will have to recall the characteristic of those animals and gave me the dialogue accordingly.

Once the children had read through the script, they select a character to act out in the drama and we did. The children had so much fun. We might be able to carry out the drama playing again if we have the time next week.

没有评论:

发表评论